Saturday, August 20, 2016

Sleeping Beauty (1959)

If Aurora is dreaming about a prince she doesn't know multiple times, I wouldn't be as calm or swoony as she is. I'd be a bit concerned. But then again, it is pretty exciting.

May I just say that Prince Phillip is a hunk? I mean look at him. He may be a cartoon character but Disney does a really good job at making people crush on cartoon characters.

My sewing looks like Flora's sewing, no kidding.

This movie is basically Snow White, obviously because of the whole "true love's kiss will break the spell" thing, but also because Aurora's dream is to meet her one true love, and that's pretty much all you know about her character. Other than that, all we know is that Aurora loves animals and can sing and look graceful. I hate to compare princesses, but unlike Aurora, we could see that Snow White was loving, compassionate, hard working, etc. We don't ever get a good reason to make Aurora our favorite princess. However, I am not going to judge people who love Aurora, seeing that she's my best friend's favorite princess. She isn't one of my favorite characters, but I suppose that was just Disney dropping the ball.

YEAH!! COLOR FIGHT! 
Gosh darn it, fairies. You're ruining everything. You're the worst moms ever, seeing that you gave away Aurora's secret location and exposed her to Maleficent, all of which could have been avoided if you had only been mature and decided on the color for the dress. AND you left her alone on the day that Maleficent said she would prick her finger. And how did you expect Aurora take all of this well? Everything she's ever known is a lie and literally the only other person she's met, a person whom she really likes, she's being told she can never see again. You thought she would be okay??? Gosh, I'd never leave you alone with my children...

Wow, fairies, you just keep getting worse and worse. While the kingdom is celebrating the arrival of the princess, you're standing over her potentially dead body. Way to not tell her own parents!

I expected more from you, Phillip. Your sword fighting skills disappoint me. (He's literally just swinging at the air.) I still like you though.

Okay, so, I'm not a big fan of this movie because it doesn't really teach any kind of lesson. I like the idea of dreaming of one day meeting your true love; I'm all about true love, buuut it left me wondering what I was supposed to take away from it. Always a classic fairy tale, but that is what I think.

My rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment