Friday, August 26, 2016

The Jungle Book (1967)


"I would have obeyed my first impulse and walked away." No, Bagheera, I think your first impulse would be to eat him. And let's be real; the wolves' first impulse would also be to eat him. Black panthers and wolves are, after all, carnivores.

Bagheera is awesome though. He may be grumpy, refined and grandfatherly, but he sure has a big heart to make sure Mowgli is taken care of, and to know that he'd be better off in the man village.

The voice actor of Kaa is also the voice of Winnie the Pooh, so what I'm hearing is Winnie the Pooh making snake noises...

The elephant scene is just too adorable!

Mowgli is so very stubborn. He's like one of those ADHD kids that will not cooperate, and if they don't like you they'll try to hurt you, just like Mowgli tries to punch Baloo but it has absolutely no effect on him. Baloo just stands there watching this scrawny 10-year-old try to release his anger on him-- a bear at least three times his size. Haha!

I love how they literally put groove into each step Baloo takes. Every time he talks, he sounds about ready to burst into song, and every move he makes is a little dance. It adds to his character! This is why we love Baloo!

The vultures kinda remind me of The Monkees... after I made this comment in my head, I discovered that they were actually supposed to be based on bands of the British Invasion, so I guess I got it right! Cool!

Isn't that girl a little too young to be singing about a husband and seducing Mowgli? Aren't they both like ten? Wow. No. Just no.

One thing I particularly liked about this movie was the music. Without the music, it just wouldn't have been as enjoyable. It's really good music, too. It's the kind of music that makes you want to get up and dance and sing along. The music was so good, in fact, that they put two of the songs in the 2016 live-action adaption, and I don't think that was even considered a musical. They just had to add those songs, because they're great!



Final comment: Baloo rocks my world.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment